Unit Manager - OR, PACU and OR Booking
- alberta Health Services
- Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
- $36.68 - $62.91 per hour
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Nursing/Healthcare
- Job Type
Are you looking for your next adventure? Consider northern Alberta’s best kept secret – Grande Prairie. Surrounded by rolling fields of farmland, boreal forest to the north and access to the Canadian Rockies to the south, each day can lead to something new. We are looking for a Unit Manager who thrives in an environment where each day is something different and your skillset is constantly evolving. With a new regional hospital opening within the next year, we are excited to be expanding services within urology, orthopedics, ENT, general surgery, gynecology and ophthalmology, to add bariatric and oncoplastics to support Grande Prairie Cancer Centre. A close-knit community with big city amenities, it’s no wonder those who move to Grande Prairie choose to stay!
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Remote Retention Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $3,000. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
Note: The successful candidate must live in or around Grande Prairie.
Reporting to the Patient Care Director, the Unit Manager is responsible for leadership of Operating Room, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit and the OR Booking Office at the QEII Regional Hospital and for the coordination of optimum care to surgical patients within the AHS mission, goals and direction. The Unit Manager coordinates and provides leadership in the daily operation and delivery of services, develops and recommends the operational plan for designated areas, identifies training needs and ensures skill maintenance programs are provided to staff, monitors and ensures compliance with budgetary guidelines, and provides day-to-day supervision of nursing and allied staff within the portfolio.
- A member in good standing with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta.
- Baccalaureate of Nursing Degree required.
Additional Required Qualifications:
- 5 years current, relevant Operating Room nursing experience required.
- Evidence of excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Evidence of initiative and flexibility.
- Evidence of commitment to foster professional growth and effectiveness of unit personnel.
- Strong commitment to the maintenance and improvement of the health services offered.
- Evidence of principle-based decision making and commitment to quality improvement.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or Health Leadership an asset.
- Relevant nursing management experience in an operating room an asset.