Director, Primary Care Services
Director, Primary Care Services
It takes an outstanding team to deliver exceptional care.
Hello, we’re the South Calgary Primary Care Network. We are change makers, innovators and community builders. We are a uniquely Alberta approach to primary care delivery. We are multidisciplinary and need you to be part of the movement to bring innovative primary health care programs and services to the residents of south Calgary. Our network of family doctors and allied health care professionals are some of the best around. Pair that with our top-notch administrative team and you have an unstoppable force leading the way in primary health care – a powerhouse for developing the inventive programs our population needs and deserves. Join us as we change the landscape of primary health care for generations to come.
Established in February 2006, the South Calgary Primary Care Network (SCPCN) includes the areas south of Anderson Road to the southern, western, and eastern city limits. Our vision is to lead optimal personal and community wellness. And our commitment to south Calgary residents continues to be the building of a sustainable, patient-centred Medical Home. Located in the fastest growing area in Calgary, the SCPCN now has over 250 member doctors at 61 clinics.
The Director, Primary Care Services reports to the Executive Director (ED), South Calgary Primary Care Network and is a senior leadership role, responsible and accountable for establishing the strategic framework and vision for the delivery of primary care services within the SCPCN.
This role provides comprehensive clinical leadership and works collaboratively with the ED, medical director and senior leadership team to develop, implement and evaluate diverse service delivery models. This position is accountable for the achievement of performance indicators and patient outcomes in SCPCN operated programs.
WHAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE IN THIS ROLE
- Establish the strategic direction for Primary Care Services to enable SCPCN’s Vision and objectives
- Development and oversight for implementation of strategic direction for programs and services in South Calgary ensuring alignment and integration with regional, Provincial and Pan-PCN strategies
- Fosters a collaborative and high performing work environment as a member of the senior leadership team
- Establish and maintain close relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Develop strategic workforce plans, ensuring the appropriate professional and support strategies are developed, implemented and evaluated
- Attract, develop, coach, and retain high-performance team members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility, span of control, and performance
- Establish a culture and work environment that strives for continuous improvement in quality of care and patient experience
- Manage the operating and capital budgets for clinical operations
WHAT YOU BRING TO THIS ROLE
- 10 + years of clinical experience in primary care setting preferred
- Senior leadership experience related to leading diverse teams
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical service delivery systems and application of population health strategies
- Strong knowledge related to program evaluation
- Relevant experience in leading quality or process improvement initiatives
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate own team and others across the organization to achieve the highest level of performance
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Strong multi-tasking, delegation, prioritization, time management, and organizational skills, with high attention to detail
- Positive, professional attitude
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with ability to engage with a range of audiences and inspire support
- Strong team/relationship building skills and ability to function effectively as member of various teams
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare