Position Description: Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
PEDIATRIC EXPERIENCE & EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH VULNERABLE POPULATION PREFERRED
Vision: To be the trusted cornerstone of a healthy community.
The employees of the Edmonton Southside Primary Care Network are exceptional and describe their colleagues as respectful, passionate, collaborative and dedicated.
The Nurse Practitioner will provide comprehensive nursing services and care to patients within the Primary Care Network. The Nurse Practitioner will assess, plan, implement and evaluate patients of all ages. The Nurse Practitioner will be an integrated team member working to their full scope of practice within the primary care setting.
The Nurse Practitioner will work with the family physicians in the community, other health professionals and local and regional programming in a multidisciplinary environment to ensure a high quality of evidence based health care to the practice population.
The Nurse Practitioner will report to a Primary Care Manager.
· To work collaboratively in a patient centered, integrated team based practice within a primary care setting.
· To participate in the care of individual patients, practice populations and associated communities.
· To assist in the development and delivery of disease management and health promotion programs and provide appropriate care and treatment according to currently accepted evidence based practice.
· To provide restricted activities and care within the full scope of practice as defined under the Health Professions Act (HPA).
· To make professional, competent and autonomous decisions with patients as a member of the multidisciplinary team.
· To act as a nursing resource to other multidisciplinary team members, healthcare institutions and community agencies or programs.
· To ensure accurate, objective and timely clinical documentation in the appropriate medical record.
Competencies & Behaviors
· Master of Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner focus
· Current College & Association of Registered Nurses licensure
· Pediatric Experience an Asset
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare provider
· Vehicle/license – when appropriate
· Previous experience:
o Primary care setting
o Electronic Medical Record
o Group facilitation/instruction
o Health behaviour change methods (eg Motivational Interviewing)
· Written and verbal skills
· Understand the Alberta privacy laws and act according to those laws.
Why Work for Us?
Employees of the ESPCN enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes health and dental benefits, flexible spending account, eligibility to contribute to our group RRSP and TFSA plans and receive an employer match, generous vacation and personal time off allowances, and education days as well as professional development opportunities. The ESPCN is a leader in the provision of primary care through collaboration, innovation and teamwork, creating healthy patients and satisfied providers.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check and a Vulnerable Sector Check as a condition of employment.
If you are interested in this position please apply to the following:
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare