Quality Practice Leader (RN) - Dementia Care
For over half a century, Bethany has been improving the lives of Alberta seniors and adults with disabilities by providing housing, health and community services that honour their spirit and individuality.
At Bethany, our journey of service excellence has just begun. We have recently launched WAVE (We Action our Values Everyday), our service excellence program through which we are committed to providing great service experiences for our residents, tenants, families and each other. Together, we are living our mission of “Creating Caring Communities”.
We offer competitive salaries, attractive benefits and pension programs, growth through learning and development, and numerous opportunities to give back to the community – just a few of the things that led to Bethany being named one of Alberta’s Top Employers for 12 consecutive years in 2019. It’s simple — we invest in our people because they are the reason for our success.
We are delighted that you are considering joining our team! We are looking for employees who are passionate about people, working to enhance the quality of life at every stage of the journey.
About the Role
This position reports to the Manager Quality, Resident Safety and Research, and is responsible to provide consultation and leadership in the identification and integration of best practice and processes across continuing care services and programs in the field of dementia care; including writing or revising policies, leading and supporting continuous quality improvement in collaboration with Bethany site leadership teams.
The position holder will research best practice and processes, ensuring continuous alignment of Bethany policy and compliance with national, provincial standards, policy and guidelines, monitors and evaluates opportunities to improve Dementia care quality and enhance safety across sites and establishes relationships with all stakeholders in order to support Bethany’s Mission and Values. The incumbent will work to improve the care and treatment of Dementia for residents and families by working with individuals across the organization to develop a more integrated and less fragmented approach to care, which helps maintain the residents’ physical and mental health and wellbeing, and provides a consistent clinical point of contact for residents, families and staff.
What You Will Do
Individual responsibilities will fall under five main areas of focus?
- Service Excellence: Accountable for data quality assurance, quality improvement and evaluation. Delivers, monitors and evaluated clinically effective, efficient and high-quality holistic nursing care to residents with dementia, which is both evidence based and reflects current best practice to improve outcomes. Works collaboratively with Interdisciplinary Team and residents to ensure holistic treatment, care and support is designed around the needs of those with Dementia, families and staff, and which is reflected in a comprehensive care plan
- Leadership: The Quality Practice Leader – Dementia Care is responsible for supporting the site leadership team and organizational quality teams and related committees. Support site teams through membership on a collaborative inter-disciplinary site quality team with information sharing and knowledge in order to promote awareness and understanding of Dementia.
- Team Work: Cares for and works cooperatively with others as an effective team member. Works with the sites and organizational leaders to ensure coordination of quality and safety priorities with organizational direction and key project implementation. Works with the Quality, Safety and Clinical Education Team and the Site Team Leads to support practice change so staff understand the why (benefit) and how (process) concerning process change
- Pro-active Learner: Demonstrates the vision and values of Bethany and lives out the mission of Creating Caring Communities. Maintains and improves own professional, clinical and leadership knowledge and skills by promoting self-growth and development through in-service training program and other educational programs/materials.
- Safety: Contributes to a safe environment for residents, the team and self by understanding and adhering to safety guidelines and practices at all times. Identifies and mitigates unsafe conditions in the work environment, including immediate reporting of any unsafe conditions.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Gerontology certificate considered an asset
- Active CARNA license
- Masters Degree in a health related disciple considered an asset
- Minimum of three to five years of recent professional experience preferable in Dementia Care
- Knowledge of writing and revising policies as an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of change dynamics and change management processes
- Knowledge and experience developing and implementing care processes in continuing care; project management and performance measurement processes
- Demonstrates complex project management abilities including change management and system level evaluation
- Demonstrates leadership ability and highly developed interpersonal communication, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills and has the ability to perform accurate, detailed work
- Ability to utilize analytical and conceptual thinking in the identification and resolution of issues
- Demonstrates commitment to resident focused services and teamwork
- Demonstrates well developed computer skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of business concepts (organization structure and design, business processes, communication planning)
- Demonstrates the customer service standards of respect, flexibility, communication and commitment to residents, families, volunteers, visitors and coworkers
Posting Number: 18-2355
Position Number: CDR-CP31-009
Location: Bethany Corporate Services
Position Type: Full Time
How to Apply:
Like what you see and think you have what it takes to join our team? Apply Online before 23:00 on April 19, 2019 at: http://bethanyseniors.com/careers/ Please note this competition may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Bethany Care Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Successful candidates will be required to obtain a Criminal Background Check.
Bethany Care Society complies with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). By forwarding your resume to Bethany you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information for this job competition. Your information will be kept strictly confidential.
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare