Nursing and Clinical Services Manager
Title: Nursing and Clinical Services Manager
Reports to: Director of Health Services
1001 10 Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2R 0B7
Resilience for Life. Through integrated programs and services, CUPS builds resilient lives for Calgarians facing the challenges of poverty and trauma. We’re innovators and trailblazers in our sector. Far from a traditional charity, CUPS is a science-based organization that is defining a new approach to the social challenges of poverty and trauma. We change the lives of low-income and homeless Calgarians by addressing the root causes of their challenges. Using science, we address trauma, manage adversity, and build lifelong resilience that spans generations. We address the past and improve the present – because that’s how we’ll change the future.
This is a 0.8 FTE role with an end date of Sept 2021.
The Nursing and Clinical Services Manager will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance to the nursing team as well as providing leadership and guidance to support the delivery of clinical services in the CUPS Health Clinic. This role will be an integral part of the Health Management Team that supports the Health Clinic by supporting staff to implement the organizational goals and strategic plan. This position will oversee the nursing team that provide a variety of nursing services to individuals who are struggling with complex health needs, mental illness, active addictions, poverty and/or homelessness.
What Are You Responsible For?
· Create approachable, caring and trauma-informed environment for clients, guests and colleagues
· Work collaboratively with leadership to ensure health clinic and nursing goals developed are aligned with the organizational goals and strategic plan
· Lead Infection Prevention Control initiatives & provide leadership support in outbreak management
· Develop and maintain a compassionate, professional and effective nursing team via effective recruitment, training and engagement strategies
· Cultivate a culture of integrated care, collaboration and commitment to organization values
Organizational Alignment and Performance:
· Provide overall management and direction to the CUPS nursing team, including clinical supervision, performance management and scheduling
· Deliver integrated practice through unified participation in Health Management Team & cross-departmental communications and strategies
· Champion CUPS continuous improvement concerning Health & Safety through participation on CUPS OH&S committee and embedding of CUPS health & safety practices within the clinic
· Provide clinical support and direction to team members and direct nursing services to clients as required
· Understand program evaluation & reporting requirements, ensuring data integrity & availability for evaluation teams
· Develop and maintain collaborative and accountable working relations with internal CUPS colleagues to strengthen communication flow and cross-program understanding
· Provide caring, reliable, trauma-informed care to all clients accessing CUPS to reduce barriers to service and increase community trust
· Participate in CUPS committees, community forums, and internal and external collaborations to further enhance and develop CUPS client services
· Share experience and knowledge with students, volunteers and guests interested in CUPS services to further develop CUPS social justice impact & external ambassador network
· Completion of an accredited nursing education program
· Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA)
· Five or more years of experience leading teams and demonstrated skills in supervision, clinical practice, and program management
· Demonstrated ability to practice with a trauma-informed approach
· Strong ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and contribute positively to change
· Experience with OHS and IPC practices within a healthcare setting
· Proven critical thinking and decision-making skills
· Ability to be self-directed and able to exercise independent nursing judgment
· Current CPR & First Aid certification
· Brain Story Certification is an asset
Please apply directly on the Indeed Link. Thank you for your interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please include both a cover letter and a resume with your application, along with your salary expectations.
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare