Registered Psychiatric Nurse
Registered Psychiatric nurse
one (1) permanent full time position
The Bigstone Community Wellness program in Wabasca, Alberta is seeking a Registered Psychiatric Nurse to join our Community Health Team. This is a rewarding opportunity if you have an appreciation for First Nation Culture, a desire for continuing professional development and enjoy the support and collaboration from our multidisciplinary team and various other professionals and agencies.
You will possess excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills, proficiency with computers, effective teaching skills, a valid driver’s license, and be medically fit. This position offers a competitive salary and incentives. Fully furnished accommodations are available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver a variety of community mental health workshops (both pre-packaged and requiring development by the incumbent to fit community needs).
- Develop and Implement community mental health programs on a continuing basis and modify programs for appropriateness.
- Implement the principles and practices of patients and family centered recovery model in mental health and addictions treatment.
- Conduct comprehensive mental health and addiction risk assessments, articulate treatment, discharge plans, and provide crisis intervention.
- Communicate and collaborate with patients and families about health findings, diagnosis, individualized treatment plans, self-care, and prognosis.
- Make client/family home visits and referrals to other agencies and professional when in need is identified.
- Act as a resource for other community based health care workers (Health representatives, home support workers, NNADAP workers, LPN’s, nurses, etc.)
- Assess and recognize population health trends; ability to plan and implement strategies for population based prevention.
- Identify and respond to legal and ethical issues that may arise during patient care.
- Maintain accurate records, document and reports.
- Participate in Community Health Program planning.
- Provide safe and respectful health care planning and direction to maximize patient health and wellbeing.
- Promote safe, respectful and healthy environments in homes, schools, daycares, worksites and in the general community.
- Observe and oversee medication administration.
- Able to respond to emergency situations and provide emergency care when needed.
- Other duties as required.
- BScN degree from an accredited Nursing College or University.
- Minimum two (2) years related experience in mental health/ or substance use setting.
- MUST BE Licensed with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta.
- Mental Health First Aid Certification an asset.
Resumes MUST include:
- Current Criminal Record Check & Vulnerable Sector Check
- Child and Youth Intervention Check
- 3 Work Related References
NOTE: Only applicants who have submitted all requested documentation will be considered.
Salary will commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Send cover letter Resume, and all related documentation to:
Bigstone Health Commission
Box 1020 Wabasca, Alberta T0G 2K0
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL A SUITABLE CANDIDATE IS FOUND
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare