Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse
Position Details: 1.0 FTE, In Scope, Permanent (Days/Evenings)
Competition Number: 20-050 (please quote when applying)
Closing Date: October 26, 2020
CASA House is a voluntary residential treatment program for adolescents who have a history of not responding to previous mental health interventions and require a higher degree of intensive treatment.
The RN/RPN works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team by providing nursing assistance within their level of competency and educational training including the provision of psychosocial interventions to adolescents and their families within the context of a therapeutic milieu. They also provide behaviour management, guidance, support, supervision and case management to the adolescents.
- Providing case management functions supporting specified adolescents and their families
- Medication administration and monitoring
- Maintaining required documentation
- Medication reconciliation
- Nursing assessments
- Provides relevant medication teaching
- Participates in research as appropriate
- Provides preceptorship to students of the same discipline
- Contributes to program planning
- Leads by example in the area of occupational health and safety
- Provides leadership by identifying patient safety issues and initiating corrective action in consultation with staff
- Must be registered and in good standing with their professional organization.
- Must possess the ability to work in a therapeutic milieu with emotionally disturbed adolescents and their families and be able to adjust to a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong knowledge and skills in behaviour management techniques.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.
Salary: $35.17 - $44.57/hour, depending on education and experience.
We are a learning organization that promotes and provides educational opportunities for staff.
Our employee benefit package consists of excellent extended health and dental benefits – including acupuncture and massage - life insurance, short term and long term disability. We also have a registered pension plan in which CASA contributes to almost 4.5% along with your contributions! These benefits and more are available to you after your first 90 days with CASA.
We appreciate your interest in CASA Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health. However, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. CASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. CASA is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Only those candidates permissible to work in Canada are applicable to this position.
Submit your resume: email@example.com
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare