Director of Care
DIRECTOR OF CARE – PROVIDENCE CARE CENTRE
Make a difference everyday…
At Father Lacombe Care Society, we proudly provide resident centered care to 264 residents and 10 retired Catholic priests from the Calgary diocese. Our two buildings are located just off Macleod Trail, on the southern banks of Fish Creek Park. Our core values of Excellence, Sacredness of Life, Compassion, Spirituality, and Justice are exemplified in how we care for our residents and staff. While committed to our Catholic values, we respect the religious beliefs of all. We are so proud of the work our team has done through the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring residents and staff are protected and safe.
This newly created Director of Care position will be focused on our Providence Care Centre – where we proudly provide resident centered care to 160 residents living with a variety of diseases and illnesses in both Long Term Care and Supportive Living settings. You will be closely supported by your counterpart at the Father Lacombe Centre located across the street.
If you are a Registered Nurse with progressive management experience in Long Term Care, are looking to lend your time and talents to a family-centered organization, and have a passion for seniors’ care, look no further!
The Director of Care is the ultimate leader and example for the resident care team. You a working manager responsible for the overall management, leadership, coordination, direction, and operation of nursing and care services within Providence Care Centre. You will maximize the efficient use of resources in line with our strategic direction for the Father Lacombe Care Society. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team and working with a team of experienced staff including Resident Care Managers, Education Coordinator, Occupational and Recreation Therapists, and a Social Worker, you will ensure high standards and quality care practices are in place enabling our resident’s to live to the fullest while receiving dignified, compassionate, and quality care.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited Canadian University required.
- Masters of Nursing preferred.
- Gerontology certificate preferred.
- Active and unrestricted license with CARNA.
- Minimum ten (10) years as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum five (5) years management experience in Continuing Care.
- Progressive management experience in Long Term Care and/or Supportive Living preferred.
- Experience managing a multi-disciplinary team preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the multiple standards and acts that govern Continuing Care required.
- Experience with electronic health records required.
- In accordance with Alberta Health and Wellness Accommodation Standards all employees will have a criminal record search conducted prior to employment.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter prior to the application closing date of October 30, 2020.
The Father Lacombe Care Society has a long and proud history of working with Calgary`s seniors and their families. For more information about our organization, please visit our website at http://www.fatherlacombe.ca/ We thank all candidates for applying. Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All qualified resumes will be held on file for six (6) months.
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare