The Nunee Health Board Society (NHBS) is seeking a Registered Nurse(s) to join our Community Health Team, this is a Permanent Full Time or Rotational position in Fort Chipewyan, Alberta. Fort Chipewyan, Alberta is located 250 km north of Fort McMurray, one hour by air with population of approximately 1200.This is a rewarding opportunity if you have an appreciation for First Nation Culture and would like to experience Northern Nursing, a desire for continuing professional development and enjoy the support and collaboration from our multidisciplinary team this position will be for you.
This position offers you the opportunity to:
- Provide nursing in a community setting
- Communicate with the physician regarding patient needs, the nursing assessments, planning, intervention, implementation and recommendations.
- Implement and evaluate health services
- Promote wellness through an integrated team approach at the Nunee Health Board Society and with various health partners. The health team at Nunee includes Nurse in Charge, Treatment Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurse, Home Care & Chronic Nurse, Community Health Representatives, Personal Support workers, NNADAP workers, Maternal Child Health worker, and a Health Promoter.
- Performs other duties relevant to the role will be assigned as required
- Competitive wages
- Non-smoking units available, all inclusive (water, heat, power, phone line and satellite.
- Northern Living Allowance, Retention Allowance and Education Allowance
- Travel Allowance if permanent resident
- Professional Development and Training
- Paid Licensure with CARNA
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing from a recognized program.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in Emergency, ICU or Medical/Surgery an asset.
- Current licensed/registered in Alberta (CARNA).
- ACLS, PALS and BCLS certification.
- Applies knowledge, skills, judgment and competencies required for safe, independent and inter-disciplinary practice by meeting nursing practice standards as outlined by CARNA and related professional associations.
- You will possess excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills, proficiency with computers, and be medically fit.
- Maintain accurate records, document and reports. Previous experience with electronic charting systems (EMR) an asset.
- Applies NHBS values and professional practice standards to patient/client care and service.
- Current Criminal Records Check and Valid Driver’s license.
Rotation in and out of community will be considered (with travel reimbursement) if relocation is not an option.
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare