Manager, Employee Health & Safety
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, this positReporting to the Director, Human Resources, this position is responsible for the leadership, development, promotion and implementation of occupational health and safety programs and services related to employee health and safety, health promotion and disability management for Carewest. This position is also responsible for providing management oversight and direction to the Employee Health & Safety team and for providing health and safety expertise to managers and employees; including the development of workplace inspection and safety training programs, maintenance of COR certification, quality assurance initiatives and the integration of employee health and safety service programs throughout Carewest.
The successful candidate will:
- Promote and ensure compliance to provincial health and safety legislation; including WCB legislation
- Provide management oversight to effectively identify, assess, prioritize and reduce risks related to employee health and safety throughout the organization
- Lead and collaborate in ways that are aligned with Carewest’s Frame of Reference; including Carewest’s mission, vision and values
- Provide leadership and expertise to the organization in the area of health, safety, health promotion and disability management
- Provide statistical reporting to senior managers and managers related to immunizations, disability claims, fit-testing and other key programs
- Responsible for other related duties as required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Program & current CARNA registration; Nursing degree and certification in Occupational Health Nursing preferred.
- Minimum 3 years relevant Occupational Health & Safety experience required
- 2-4 years’ experience in a leadership/managerial capacity preferred.
· Experience in Project Management and policy development would be a key asset.
Similar searches: Healthcare Services and Wellness