Registered Nurse - Primary Care
Registered Nurse – Primary Care
Health Services Department
ABOUT FORT MCKAY
The Fort McKay First Nation (FMFN) is composed of over 800 band members, including those of Cree and Dene heritage, with approximately 400 members residing in the hamlet of Fort McKay — a community located approximately 65 km north of Fort McMurray. Fort McKay offers the best of both worlds: remote northern life for the nature lover and proximity to a large city of about 70,000 people with all the amenities you need.
We are seeking a highly dedicated and professional Registered Nurse – Primary Care to join our team! As the Registered Nurse (RN) you will be responsible for providing care and management to patients with a wide range of health issues. As an integral member of the health team, as RN you provide care for complex patients and those that require extra time and attention to develop a plan of care. The RN collaborates with home care staff, attending physician and specialists to acquire and utilize best practices and resources needed to make adjustments and to optimize program delivery. This is a permanent full-time position reporting directly to the Executive Director, Health and Governance Administration and is based on seventy-five (75) hours bi-weekly.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure resident care is provided within established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies
- Ability to use the Nursing Process of Assess, Plan, Implement and Evaluate a residents health, and develop individualized resident care plans
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of LPN and Health Care Aide staff
- Assists in orientating, mentoring and competency development of staff
- Works collaboratively with the healthcare team and acts as a champion of customer satisfaction and customer service
- Demonstrates commitment to working with seniors and excellent public relations practices
- Conduct preventative screening, chronic disease management, and health promotion activities based on clinical and best practice guidelines to positively impact health behaviours and outcomes.
- Establish and maintain therapeutic relationships by acting as a point of contact and care navigator for patients and families, as well as enhancing the patient experience
- Provides care for patients throughout the lifespan i.e. perinatal, prenatal, infant, child/teen, and elder care.
- Perform wellness checks, well-baby visits, immunization updates and other injections as required
- Acts as a resource to FMFN members, as well as community and partner agencies
- Supports the education, training, and professional development needs of team members
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing Required
- Active licensure with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Cardiac Life Support - Health Care Provider level (BCLS-HCP)
- Certification in TNCC and ACLS are an asset
- Minimum of 2-5 years recent experience as a Registered Nurse in a continuing care facility
- Effective organizational skills with strong interpersonal and communication skills to enable working directly with clients and their family members and as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Computer literacy and experience working with Netcare and or other Electronic Medical Records
- Able to submit a criminal record check for the vulnerable sector.
- CPR and ACLS required
- Class 5 driver’s license and able to submit a clear drivers abstract
- Ability to speak, read and write Cree and Dene is an asset
- Experience working in a First Nations community is a definite asset
- Successful candidate will be required to live in (or relocate to) Fort McMurray, Alberta
At Fort McKay, we ask a lot of our employees, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your Competitive Salary, we’ll shower you with perks, including:
- Comprehensive Health benefits package for Medical, Dental and Vision
- Company matched Pension Plan and Optional Tax Free Savings Account
- A healthy work-life balance with an on-site fitness centre including free fitness classes
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development, and volunteering within the community
- Safe and reliable carpool transportation to and from the workplace
HOW TO APPLY:
You can also check us out on social media -> Facebook & LinkedIn
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Please ensure you indicate the Competition #018-2019
*Preference will be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry in any hiring decision, please declare your Aboriginal status in your application.
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare