Registered Nurse - Resident Health and Wellness Manager
Health & Wellness Manager ( Registered Nurse )
Department Manager, Full time
Seasons Camrose Retirement Community
6821 - 50th Avenue, Camrose, AB, T4V 5G5
The Company. Seasons Retirement Communities is a growing senior housing company that believes Happy Team Members = Happy Residents. We want our team members to have work-life balance, feel supported on the job and love what they do. We expect a lot from our team members because we believe our residents deserve the very best. If you are prepared to go above and beyond to make a difference, Seasons is the place for you.
We hire individuals who are enthusiastic about working with seniors. At Seasons, our team members make a difference in our residents' lives through meaningful connections and creating 'Wow Moments' that matter. We support, encourage and celebrate these efforts because they have a positive impact on residents and team members alike. Simply put, it feels great to make a positive difference in the life of a senior.
The Position. We’re looking for a Registered Nurse . This position is responsible for the direct oversight of the Care Services team and for monitoring the well-being of the residents and ensuring that they receive the appropriate care to meet their needs.
- We offer complete training to right fit candidates.
- We provide health and dental benefits
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan and Employee Share Program
- Investment in leadership and travel experiences
- Group discounts on home and auto insurance
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Qualified as a Registered Nurse in good standing with CARNA
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant experience in the seniors housing or hospitality industry is an asset
- Knowledge of the appropriate sections of the Health Disciplines Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Retirement Homes Act, Pharmacy Act, Food and Drugs Act (Canada), Narcotic Control Act (Canada) and other pertinent Federal, Provincial and Municipal Statutes which influence the operation of the Retirement Home and more specifically the care department
- Empathy for and understanding of the needs of the elderly and/or disabled
- Ability to relate to all levels of staff, the residents and their families, and other professionals with a high degree of patience and tolerance
- Strong communication skills; both oral and written
- Initiative, good judgment and supervisory abilities
- Strong organizational and assessment skills
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents, service team members and guests.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Computer proficiency
- Must be a Registered Nurse with a current license in good standing with CARNA.
- Monitor the well-being of all residents, including both those residents who receive care and those not requiring care
- Completes required information necessary for the admission and discharge of a resident, and on-going documentation as residents’ care needs change
- To facilitate residents’, move in and transfers where applicable
- Participates as a member of the Service Team Leaders and provides support to the other members of the team
- Complete all assessments, service plans and monthly logs for all new resident move ins, prior to resident returning from hospital and when residents care needs change in the residents Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- For homes with a memory care area, complete all assessments, service plans and monthly logs for all new resident move ins, prior to resident returning from hospital and when residents care needs change in the residents Electronic Health Records (EHR) in collaboration with the Memory Care Manager
- Uses the nursing process of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating to provide high quality nursing care to the residents and ensure compliance with the regulations
- Responds to queries from potential residents, family members and friends as required
- Ensures that the resident and/or family members are involved, where appropriate, in decisions affecting the resident’s care
- Establishes priorities based on individual resident’s needs, scheduled activities and adjusts these priorities and activities to manage unanticipated
- Promotes wellness in the community among service team members, residents and guests
- Consults with and delegates appropriate activities to the Care Services team providing resident care and provides effective supervision
- Communicates with families, physicians and outside community health care agencies
- Work closely with sales to optimize occupancy
- Role model, drive excellence and innovations in customer service throughout the community
- Investigate complaints/incidents and medication errors ensuring appropriate action is taken
- Identifies changing/evolving resident care needs and recommends progression to the appropriate care models/service packages
- Maintains accurate charts for each resident
- Refers reports and records pertinent information related to the resident’s care to other Care Service Team Members
- Communicates with families, physicians and outside community health care/services partnerships
- Co-ordinates and/or carries out all areas of the residents’ service plan
- Maintain and manage the falls prevention program within the residence
- Complete or delegate all schedule audits within the care department
- Communicates effectively with physicians, pharmacy and other professional care providers
- Establish and maintain relationships with key external agencies/ stakeholders to facilitate delivery of service
- Collaborates with other members of the Care Team in the planning, provision and evaluation of services
- Monitor the safe administration and storage of medication in the community. Delegates where appropriate.
- Coordinate and monitor infection prevention and control programs
- All other duties as assigned
The Location : Seasons Camrose is based in Camrose, AB. Set in “senior-friendly” Camrose, Seasons Camrose is conveniently located close to St. Mary’s hospital, shopping and other community amenities including a golf course, aquatic centre and local museum. We offer different service options, including a private independent living residence, co-located with an 82 suite designated supportive living option that provides more specialized care options. At Seasons Camrose, we are committed to delivering quality care and exceptional service so residents may enjoy the worry-free retirement they deserve.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive wages & benefits packages
- Employee rewards & referral programs
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
In addition, the successful candidate will be required to promote high quality care while maintaining a safe and healthy environment for residents, resident families, visitors and staff.
Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills are essential, as is excellence in achieving continuous quality improvements. Related experience within the seniors housing industry is an asset.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons“) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare
More search results
Assistant Professor, (Full-Time Tenure-Track Appo…
Assistant Professor, Department of Nursing Science
Clinical Service Manager (RN/RPN) – Regular Part …
Professional Resource Faculty – Clinical Simulati…
Registered Nurse - Continuing Care
alberta Health Services