Registered Nurse (RN)
For over half a century, Bethany has been improving the lives of Alberta seniors and adults with disabilities by providing housing, health and community services that honour their spirit and individuality.
At Bethany, our employees are the backbone that supports our model of quality care. We celebrate a workforce rich in diversity and our employees are rewarded through meaningful work experiences. Our employees are a part of something bigger than themselves – we are a team of multi-disciplinary professionals committed to “Creating Caring Communities”.
We offer competitive salaries, attractive benefits and pension programs, growth through learning and development, and numerous opportunities to give back to the community – just a few of the things that led to Bethany being named one of Alberta’s Top Employers fourteen times since 2000. It’s simple — we invest in our people because they are the reason for our success.
We are delighted that you are considering joining our team! We are looking for people who are passionate about people, working to enhance everyone’s quality of life at every stage of the journey.
About the Role
At Bethany, a career as a Registered Nurse is both personally and professionally challenging and rewarding. As a key member of our inter-disciplinary team, you will model and equip others to deliver compassionate care that nurtures the wellbeing of residents in a setting that values diversity and teamwork.
Our employees have the unique opportunity to build strong personal relationships with the people who call Bethany home.
We have multiple casual, Part-Time and Full-time positions available in Bethany Collegeside (Red Deer) and Bethany Sylvan Lake. Please apply for this position if you are interested in any of these positions.
What You Will Do:
With a passion for care towards residents, families and team members, the Registered Nurse is accountable for practicing outstanding care and support to residents, resident families, team members and volunteers to the full scope of professional nursing practice, and to ensure that their conduct meets the standards of the profession and of Bethany Care Society to deliver resident centered care planning, implementation and evaluation.
Individual responsibilities will fall under six main areas of focus:
1. Resident-Centered Care - Promotes service excellence and is responsive to the residents’ needs in accordance with resident care plans, policies and procedures.
2. Documentation: Accurately and comprehensively documents resident care assessments, interventions and outcomes in alignment with Bethany policies and procedures.
3. Safety: Contributes to a safe environment for residents, team and self by understanding and adhering to safety guidelines and practices at all times.
4. Pro-active Learner: Demonstrates the vision and values of Bethany and lives out the mission of Creating Caring Communities.
5. Team Work: Cares for and actively participates and assists the Interdisciplinary Team to achieve and maintain a responsible atmosphere of resident centered care.
6. Leadership: Enables a high performance culture through leading, developing and coaching employees.
What You Bring:
· Graduated from an accredited Nursing School with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
· Active Registration and in good standing with CARNA.
· Candidates possessing 1 year experience preferred.
· Gerontology Nursing Experience would be considered an asset.
· Ability to work effectively in a physically and mentally demanding environment.
· Demonstrated ability to understand, speak, read and write effectively in English.
· Excellent observation, communication and critical thinking skills.
· Current CPR certification required
· Dementia Care Certificate and experience would be considered an asset.
· Knowledge of RAI/MDS 2.0 tool, computer skills and electronic documentation is preferable.
How to Apply:
Like what you see and think you have what it takes to join our team?
Apply Online before 23:00 on September 28, 2019 at: http://bethanyseniors.com/careers/
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Bethany Care Society is an equal opportunity employer.
All Bethany staff members are required to complete a Criminal Background Check.
Bethany Care Society complies with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). By forwarding your resume to Bethany you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information for this job competition. Your information will be kept strictly confidential.
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare