Behavioural Health Consultant
The BHC works collaboratively with patients, the primary care physicians, ENPCN inter-professional health team and other healthcare and community partners to provide comprehensive evidence based care to the practice population. The BHC works across various settings to assess, plan, implement and evaluate behavioral based treatment plans to patients of all ages. The BHC will be an integrated team member working to their full scope of practice within the primary care setting.
What to expect Day to Day:
- Work collaboratively in a patient centered, integrated team based primary care practice setting.
- Participate in the care of individual patients, practice populations and associated communities
- Assist in development of brief intervention strategies with clinic patients
- Occasionally deliver group programs with multidisciplinary team members
- Make professional, competent and autonomous decisions with patients as a member of the multidisciplinary team.
- Act as a resource to other multidisciplinary team members, healthcare institutions and community agencies or programs.
- Ensure accurate, objective and timely clinical documentation in the appropriate medical record.
- Coordination of various special projects, as required to meet organizational objectives
- Degree in Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Registered with and in good standing with a relevant College
- Standard first aid and CPR – level C
Work Experience Requirements:
- Possesses strong biopsychosocial assessment and intervention skills related to mental and physical health conditions
- Solution focused and a strength based approach to problem solving; training in motivational interviewing and health change methodology are assets
- Training in mental health crisis and suicide intervention
- Ability to think in terms of population health by using approaches like stepped care and group sessions and identification of clinical pathways
- Sound judgement and good business acumen
Other Skills Required:
- Has the proven ability to be flexible and manage numerous competing priorities in an unstructured environment calmly and effectively
- Excels in fast-paced environments
- Has a strong ability to build and maintain positive relationships, particularly in ambiguous or uncertain situations
- Interested in learning and teaching
- A strong belief in approaching health holistically and practicing in culturally responsive manners
- Desire to work to one’s full scope of practice within their areas of competency
Please submit a Cover Letter & Resume to email@example.com
Similar searches: Healthcare Services and Wellness