Registered Nurse - Senior Services
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH THE CWC PCN CAREERS PAGE: http://www.cwcpcn.com/about/careers/careers.cfm
Registered Nurse - Senior Services
Positions Available: PERM FT x 1 and TEMP FT x 1 (Please indicate which position you are applying for.)
Reporting to the Clinical Program Manager, and as a member of the Community Services, Transitions and Integration (CSTI) team, the Registered Nurse - Senior Services (RN – SS) provides critical thinking and clinical judgement in the delivery of comprehensive nursing services to patients who are physiologically aged and/or elderly. This role functions as a nursing practice leader and an expert practitioner and educator regarding the more complex geriatric population, maximizing the application of in-depth nursing theory, knowledge and skills to meet the complex health care needs of individuals, families and communities. Home visits and providing care in the patient’s home are key components of this role
- Under the direction of the physician of record, works collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team to enhance the delivery of primary care services to patients 65 years of age and above and those who are over 55 years of age who are physiologically aged.
- According to practice protocols, performs and documents a comprehensive history and in-depth assessment of the health status including physiological, psychosocial, economic, learning, cultural and spiritual factors affecting health and well-being. Initiates and implements management strategies and provides appropriate evaluation, follow-up and modifications to care plans.
- Provides chronic disease management and mental health services within the context of geriatric care, incorporating monitoring progress and response to treatment, and promoting the preventive aspects of patient care. Provides necessary interventions, within the scope of practice.
- Initiates appropriate investigations and community referrals to broaden the basis of support for patient, family and caregiver; supports, fosters, and implements evidence-based practice.
- In accordance with CWC PCN policies, procedures and established standards, employs expert consulting skills with nurses and other professionals in various clinical settings to directly and indirectly influence patient care.
The ideal candidate is a Registered Nurse who is passionate working with seniors and has an advanced level of nursing expertise to maximize the application of in-depth nursing theory, knowledge and skills to meet the complex health care needs of geriatric individuals, families and communities. Strong organization, attention to detail, communications, team-oriented, and safety-conscious skills are required.
Education: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an approved post-secondary healthcare program with an equivalent combination of training and experience in geriatrics is required. A Master’s degree in Nursing is an asset.
- If not already attained, must have a willingness to undertake the Canadian Nurses Association professional certification related to Geriatrics: Gerontological Nurse Certified (GNC)
- Current BLS for Health Care Providers from the Heart & Stroke Foundation is required.
- Current CARNA Registration and membership in good standing is required.
Knowledge: Demonstrated clinical skills in primary care nursing, with evidence of own continued professional development. Knowledge of and ability to use EMR. Demonstrates ability to use equipment and supplies according to established standards and procedures.
- Experience with broad clinical nursing practice required within gerontology; chronic disease management and recent full-time medical/surgical nursing experience is preferred. Able to work with minimal supervision in a professional and mature manner. Ideally has experience working in a primary care environment.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (scheduled start time could vary).
Transportation: This role requires the incumbent to drive their personal vehicle for CWC PCN-related business; therefore, the employee must have a reliable vehicle and hold a valid Alberta driver’s licence with a minimum of $1 million liability insurance.
Background check: A clear criminal background check, inclusive of vulnerable sector check, is required to start. If you have resided outside Calgary in the past 12 months, you will need to contact the local police or RCMP detachment in your previous residential municipality to be able to obtain a full report.
Why Work for Us?
Employees of the CWC PCN enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes employer-paid premiums for health and dental benefits, health spending/wellness account, learning account, RRSP employer match, generous vacation, personal time off, and education allowances, and professional development.
How to Apply
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those who apply through the CWC PCN website and complete the CWC PCN online application form will be moved forward in the recruitment process. Please submit your application through the CWC PCN Careers web page.
Only submissions received with the following three (3) documents will be considered:
1) completed and signed application form (available on the Careers page at cwcpcn.com)
2) cover letter
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare