About the SUCCESS Multi-Level Care Society
To care for the seniors like our own by providing a continuum of excellent, culturally appropriate services for them. In 1995, the S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Multi-Level Care Society was incorporated with the purpose of establishing linguistically and culturally appropriate care for those seniors in our community. It has now developed into a provider of quality residential care and health services.
Under the direction and supervision of the Director, Community Services, the Manager, ADP is responsible for the overall coordination and management of Adult Day services. Supports the organization’s philosophy, vision and mission. Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team using a problem solving approach to meet the needs of the clients and families. Promotes and participates in health initiatives organized by and through the Health Services, in collaboration with other services within the organization or community agencies.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible and accountable for the establishment and maintenance of services at the ADC/ALP
- Directs in the planning, implementation, coordination and evaluation of programs at the ADC/ALP.
- Assesses clients/residents for the need of appropriate services.
- Coordinates the availability of adequate staff and the efficient and effective use of human and material resources.
- Supervises the provision of services to the clients and residents.
- Liaises with Case Manager, other appropriate personnel of VCH and other outside agencies including other health care organizations, Ministry of Health and Community agencies as required
- Recruits staff by interviewing internal and external applicants, making hiring decisions and processing required documentation.
- Maximizes the output of the quality and quantity of the work provided by the program by providing consultation and supervision to designated staff, establishing clear definitions of responsibility for each employee, reviewing workload assignments and adjusting schedules according to workload to ensure levels meet operational requirements.
- Investigates work and staff issues and where necessary initiates disciplinary action up to and including termination. Participates in the management of grievances and labor relations matters.
- Conducts employee performance review and completes appraisals.
- Establishes priorities and provides guidance and technical advice by facilitating resolutions to work problems and by monitoring work activities to ensure program and practice standards are maintained.
- Monitors standards of care, and acts as a resource person to the staff, using a problem solving approach that reflects evidence-based practice and in accordance with S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Multi-Level Care Society’s policies, procedures and programs, as well as provincial Standards for Nursing Practice.
- Coordinates and participates in staff meetings, family meetings. Supports ethical decision making and client/resident focused care.
- Responds to client/resident feedback/complaints and communicate concerns to the Executive Director and the Health Care Team. Ensures effective and efficient information flow.
- Monitors and maintains complete and accurate records for the clients/residents. Prepares reports and collects statistical and quality improvement data and quality indicators.
- Assists in the orientation of new staff and facilitates student experiences by conferring with instructors about student assignments, assisting and advising students.
- Coordinates education programs by planning, implementing and evaluating continuing professional education, client/resident teaching and orientation. Assist staff in identifying education needs.
- Supports advanced clinical practice by identifying research needs, and facilitating and participating in research.
- Assists in ensuring the delivery of quality programs by participating in the review/revision of policies and procedures, recommending changes, and obtaining staff input. Provides input to quality improvement activities and projects through participation on committees and projects and by evaluating work processes to ensure customer-driven care.
- Maintains knowledge of current developments in clinical and management practices by reviewing relevant literature, consulting with other professionals and attending relevant education programs.
- Maintains a safe environment for clients/residents, families and staff by ensuring program adherence to legislation and safety practices, emergency procedures and guidelines for use of equipment and supplies. Follows health and safety guidelines such as WHMIS, lifts and transfers and infection control. Ensures equipment is in safe working conditions and investigates suspected client abuse. Completes incident reports and conducts incident follow up and investigations.
- Maintains good communication and interpersonal relationships with the public, residents/clients, and other health care team members.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A Bachelor Degree in nursing is preferred
- Current practicing membership with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Three years recent, related clinical experience, including one (1) year’s leadership experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and direct experience.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability in self-directed planning, problem resolution, prioritizing, and decision making
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to speak and write Chinese an asset
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with member of the interdisciplinary team
- Ability to role model and teach
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Extended Health Care
- Dental Plan
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Long Term Disability Insurance Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Medical Service Plan
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare
More search results
Nurse Practitioner - Postpartum
Calgary West Central Primary Care Network
Registered Nurse - Senior Services
Calgary West Central Primary Care Network
Lead Facilitator for The MOREOB and MOREEX Progra…
Salus Global Corporation
Registered Nurse - Part Time Nights ( 0.73FTE) Me…
Registered Nurse - Operating Room *Signing Bonus*