Reporting to the CEO/President, the Director of Care is in a leadership role within Excel Society, responsible for ensuring Balwin Villa operates to provide exceptional care through meaningful engagement and adherence to the highest standards of quality, safety and service excellence.
Balwin Villa is an Alberta Health Services (AHS) Supportive Living funded residence and the Director of Care’s responsibilities include the development and maintenance of appropriate care plans, effective supervision of the performance of nursing staff, provision of the required equipment and supplies and appropriate staffing pattern,
In addition to the overall leadership of Balwin Villa the Director of Care and the leadership team at Balwin Villa will be expected to work collaboratively with the leadership team of Excel Society’s Grand Manor to ensure best practices are shared and there is a continuity of service between the two residences.
The Director of Care is also a member of the Senior Leadership Team at the Excel Society and as such will participate in strategic decision making for the organization.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Effective implementation of the “Excel Advantage”, the strategy of the organization designed to achieve exceptional care, an engaged team and community, and create leaders throughout the organization and empower innovation while ensuring the long term sustainability of Excel Society and meeting all of our legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Effective performance management of the team at Balwin Villa as carried out through a number of direct reports including the Resident Care Manager (RCM) and Clinical Practice Lead (CPL).
- Develop and implement the department annual capital and operating budget.
- Develop and negotiate all program contracts and agreements with funding sources.
- Complete all management reports as required.
- Organize and implement new program initiatives ensuring that Excel is a leader in the field of Supportive Living.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate annual goals, strategies, business plans, and operational manuals.
- Recruit, select, orient, train, and evaluate Balwin Villa leadership team in concert with Human Resources.
- Ensure that all programs operate to full client capacity.
- Keep up to date on the standards set by Alberta Continuing Care Health Service Standards (CCHSS) and AHS Supportive Living Accommodation Standards. Ensure these standards are implemented at Balwin Villa.
- Ensure that the site meets the standards for Health and Safety of clients and staff including the implementation of infection control measures, AHS outbreak management protocol, and Occupational Health and Safety requirements.
- Supervising all employees by providing direction, supervision, and leadership to the RCM & CPL.
- Foster a positive working environment for Excel Society staff.
- Liaise with union representatives as Balwin Villa’s company representative to investigate and resolve employee relations issues. Participate in union meetings and collective bargaining as required.
- Report to and liaise with AHS Supportive Living and members of the healthcare team in compliance with the Service Contract.
- Acts as an ambassador and role model for the Assisted Living SL4 site by developing and maintain good public relations at business, government, and community functions.
- Participate as a member of the Senior Leadership Team and attend all Leadership meetings
- Participate as a Chair of an Excel Committee and/or as a member of other committees as required.
- Participate in a joint DAL leadership meeting 6 times a year.
- Act as liaison with the public at large, funding sources, like agencies, and the business community.
- Degree in Nursing and current active registration with CARNA or CRPNA.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience as a RN.
- Managing employees in a union environment is an asset.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Extensive and progressive senior leadership experience working in a health care.
- Thorough knowledge of government policies, legislations, and regulations applicable to Supportive Living sites in Alberta.
- Knowledge of infection control practices, adult education, and workplace safety is an asset
- Satisfactory current criminal record check.
Send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare