- City of Calgary
- 800 Macleod Trail S.E. and 1075 7 Street S.E.
- $45.69 – 61.08 per hour
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Nursing/Healthcare
- Job Type
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees operate the facilities, deliver the services and run the programs which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pension and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The Corporate Health Consultant is an expert medical resource to management, HR staff and external health care providers on health issues that impact employees' abilities to perform their assigned duties. This is done within the confines of the incumbent's professional code of ethics, respecting the confidentiality of personal information while balancing the need to protect the health, safety and well-being of the employee, their coworkers and the public.
You will use a case management approach, and strong assessment skills, to evaluate a variety of complex health issues that include mental and physical health, addictions and substance use. Primary duties include:
- Conduct thorough assessments and analyze resulting information to make recommendations and provide guidance for modifications to work and appropriate treatment interventions.
- Liaise with external health practitioners to ensure proper service is provided in accordance with City-specific requirements.
- Provide advice, guidance and follow up to support employees to achieve positive outcomes.
- Collaborate with, and contribute to, the Corporate Health team in the development and implementation of employee health policies and programs.
- Maintain compliance with legislated and contractual obligations in all matters.
- A professional designation such as Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse is required and must be maintained in good standing with the applicable regulatory body.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in mental health, substance use or disability management, preferably in a large, multi-union work environment.
- A valid Class 5 Driver's Licence (or provincial equivalent) and a personal vehicle for business purposes are required.
- Preference is given to applicants with experience in Psychiatric Nursing and the ability to assess and deal with substance use and addiction issues.
- Success requires the ability to: build and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships in an ethical and professional manner; effectively manage conflict and emotionally laden situations; and facilitate a process that considers the needs and interests of diverse stakeholders.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Position Type: 2 Permanent Positions
Compensation: Pay Grade 14 $45.69 – 61.08 per hour
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Business Unit: Human Resources
Location: 800 Macleod Trail S.E. and 1075 7 Street S.E.
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day work week with 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Apply By: June 17, 2019
Job ID#: 302230