ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College has an exciting opportunity for an experienced RN or LPN who has a passion for nursing and a desire to inpsire our students pursuing a career as a practical nurse. Responsibilities include:
• Theory, lab and clinical instruction for the practical nurse program, including preparation and delivery of subjects.
• Curriculum development and/or revision.
• Develop exams, quizzes and other evaluation material for students.
• Manage and evaluate student progress in the program.
• Other duties as required.
• Applicant will be based out of St. Paul and travel to the Cold Lake and Lac La Biche campuses.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred but will consider RN diploma or LPN diploma or certificate.
• Current CARNA or CLPNA unrestricted registration.
• CPR Heart and Stroke BLS for Healthcare provider.
• Adult teaching/tutoring experience would be considered beneficial.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Minimum two years of recent experience in acute care or continuing care.
• Familiarity with practical nurse programs and role of LPN.
• Successful applicant will be required to provide a current vulnerable sector police information check and driver’s