The Registered Nurse, Primary Care (RN) will work within a multidisciplinary care team with the goal of optimal community wellness. The RN will work in a flexible, responsive manner to provide chronic disease management services within the Calgary Rural Primary Care Network (CRPCN) member physicians’ clinics. As a key clinician involved in the delivery of chronic disease management services of the CRPCN’s operating strategy, the RN will work with a high degree of professional autonomy and judgment.
- Chronic disease management
- Identify and manage patients with chronic disease in collaboration with physician
- Autonomous case management of patients with highly complex needs
- Apply wholistic approach to individual patient needs and develop health care plan in collaboration with family physician to support patient in their health journey
- As per current best practice guidelines, ensure patients are assessed and screened
- Actively lead/engage in patient navigation and clinical process redesign
- Lifestyle counseling for patients with, or at risk for, a wide range of chronic and/or complex health conditions
- Facilitate group programs
- Participate in CRPCN and ongoing quality improvement initiatives
- Work in partnership with Alberta Health Services (AHS) when appropriate
- Other duties as required within Registered Nurse scope of practice
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing preferred. or diploma in registered nursing with 5+years
- Fully licensed and in good standing with regulatory body
- Current BCLS certification for health care providers
- Health Change Associates Certification or equivalent motivational interviewing education an asset
Experience and Skills Required:
- 5 or more years of nursing experience, preferably in a rural primary care setting
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary care team model
- Knowledge of chronic disease management principles and processes using current best practice guidelines
- Knowledge of EMRs and clinical process redesign is an asset
- Knowledge of and interest in principles of a population-needs based approach, primary care, primary health care and the medical home model is an asset
- Self-motivated to work autonomously to full scope of practice
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to recognize and resolve conflicts
- Demonstrated high level critical thinking and decision making skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Expertise in clinical guidelines
- Ability to manage a varied caseload
- Clinical office environment
- Reporting matrix structure of CRPCN management and representatives of physician clinics
- Working under minimal daily supervision
- Travel to additional CRPCN work sites may be required
- Valid driver’s license & access to reliable vehicle required
Direct - Manager, Clinical Innovation; Indirect -Executive Director.
About the Calgary Rural Primary Care Network (CRPCN):
The Calgary Rural PCN works together with communities, family doctors and other health team members to do whatever we can help you be as healthy as possible. We are working together to change the delivery of health care in our communities from reactive to preventative by providing services to patients that fit their needs through supports we have in our member clinics, such as nurses, dietitians and other health care professionals. We collaborate to provide the tools and education to empower patients to work on their everyday health needs.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all other candidates for their interest.
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare