The College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) is the professional and regulatory body for more than 38,000 registered nurses and nurse practitioners throughout Alberta. We’re mandated to define and uphold the standards of safe and ethical nursing practice as legislated under the Health Professions Act. We play an essential role in shaping the framework for professional nurse regulation and excellence in practice for the health of all Albertans. Our core values are integrity, respect, accountability and professionalism.
Contributing to people, culture and innovation within the Business Supports team, the Applications Developer will address business challenges by working independently and as part of a team to design, develop, test and implement software solutions to new or existing systems.
Your primary responsibilities
- Design and develop custom apps, web parts, workflows and components for SharePoint
- Provide daily maintenance and support for SharePoint and .NET applications
- Create new content, tools and useable applications that add value and meet business needs
- Convert business and functional requirements to workable, maintainable and reliable programming code
- Provide training and support to ensure service excellence
- Support process improvement and innovation with software solutions
- Maintain and architect applications for optimal flow between corporate, business and financial systems
- Assist with functional and user acceptance testing of applications
- Develop and champion current standards, technologies and methodologies
- Minimum of a two year diploma in computer science or software engineering; an undergraduate degree in related area preferred; equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
- 7–9 years’ experience software development in multiple programming languages and providing technical support for web, desktop and mobile applications
- Experience developing and supporting SharePoint and .NET applications
- Thorough understanding of the SharePoint object model and architecture
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft .NET application development using Microsoft C#, ASP.NET Forms and Web API) and other Microsoft development technologies
- Ability to collaborate to determine root causes of performance issues and to solution with team members to create innovative solutions for difficult problems
- Ability to translate and communicate technical concepts and terminology to non-technical users
We offer an excellent compensation package, regularly celebrate accomplishments and milestones and host team events. If this position interests you, we invite you to submit a resume via email quoting file PPS-1510 to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest!
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare