Central Services Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your management and leadership skills as well as inspire others? The Central Services Manager (CSM) role is a management position that provides growth opportunities and exposure to site and zone-wide initiatives and issues. As a CSM with the Tertiary, Forensic & Residential Services portfolio in Addiction & Mental Health (AMH) in the Edmonton Zone, you will be located at Alberta Hospital Edmonton (AHE) and report to the Program Manager, Site Services.
You will provide daily leadership and clinical oversight to employees and physicians at Alberta Hospital Edmonton, Henwood, Forensic Assessment & Community Services (FACS), Community Outreach, Assessment & Support Team (COAST) and Aspire Homes. As a CSM you will also provide after-hours Zone on Call coverage for all programs within Edmonton Zone AMH. Applying the best evidence informed practice and using a continuous quality improvement approach, you will ensure that services delivered meet the needs of service users and stakeholders.
As AMH services are provided along a continuum, it is important that as a CSM you gain knowledge of and establish excellent working relationships with all program areas in order to facilitate timely communication, support and response. You act as a liaison for all areas within AHE and AMH. You will use information from many sources to monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of how resources are being utilized and make changes/improvements within your scope.
Please note: This is a casual position requiring 24/7 availability on days, evenings, nights and weekends.
As a CSM you will facilitate an integrated continuum of service delivery through collaborative relationships within A&MH as well as external agencies. You will maintain current health care knowledge, with specific emphasis on information relevant to the patient population served in the programs, and staff resources required to meet those needs. You engage all disciplines and available resources to address and resolve specific issues and concerns. You will participate in strategic planning, identifying budget requirements (human, material & capital), provide leadership with professional and ancillary staff and sustain healthy working relationships and environments. You must be able to respond quickly to emergency locations at Alberta Hospital Edmonton and competently deal with the incident.
Expectations of the role and tasks you may be asked to perform or assist with include: Assist in restraints, if required, or patient care (including lifting). Comfortable working alone in a campus setting after hours. Consult on, and assist with, decision making regarding patient and staff safety and stewardship of AHS resources. Complete responsibilities in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions and situations demanding quick decisions. Flexibility to meet operational and job requirements, thereby requiring strong multi-tasking skills. Promote safety and security of staff, patients, families and other parties. Commitment to the vision and values of AHS. Excellent knowledge of the various collective agreements (UNA, AUPE, HSAA).
- Registration with regulatory college in Alberta as appropriate.
- Two years of experience with demonstrated informal leadership competencies (e.g. participation on committees/projects, leading peers, consulting to management, conducting education, sitting on external boards, involvement with professional associations etc.).
- Demonstrated competency in leading self, engaging others, achieving results, building relationships/coalitions and championing system change.
- Current Health Care Provider Level C CPR. Competency in computer software applications (MS Office, Windows 2013) and site specific computer applications (e.g. Financial Management Systems – Oracle based, ESP).
- The incumbent will demonstrate a clear pattern of professional and personal development.
- Baccalaureate Degree in a health related field preferred (diploma may be considered).
- Five years of previous experience within a complex health care organization preferred.
- Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered.
Similar searches: Healthcare Services and Wellness