Instructor - Practical Nurse
Bow Valley College is the largest and fastest growing Comprehensive Community College in Alberta. Our mission is to contribute to the vitality of communities and strength of the economy through innovative adult education programs and services which equip students for successful living, lifelong learning, and employment in a global knowledge-based environment.
Why work at Bow Valley College? We have recently been named one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers for 2018. Bow Valley College is made up of employees who are committed to our learners´ success, as well as each other´s. Our staff and faculty consistently say it is the people who keep them at the College, the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our students, and the incredible support they receive from their co-workers and supervisors.
Faculty in the School of Health and Wellness are responsible for providing instruction to learners, evaluating learner progress, designing and developing curriculum and instructional materials, and supporting learners in meeting the learning outcomes of their courses and programs.
Candidates must be committed to effective teaching and demonstrate the ability to teach courses within the field of health care instruction in a broad range of settings. This includes but is not limited to teaching face to face; on-line; in blended delivery settings; synchronously via adobe connect, and in the workplace.
Provide Quality Instruction in Courses as Assigned
- Instructs courses as assigned
- Selects instructional strategies to meet learners needs
- Creates lesson plans
- Develops and updates curriculum, guides and rubrics as requested by Program Coordinator
- Evaluates learner's performance on an ongoing basis and provides learners and administrators with learner progress reports
- Maintains official records as required
- Provides instruction to regional learners in a variety of settings
Provide a Positive Learning Experience for Learners
- Supports learners regarding with issues (for example: attendance; conduct, performance).
- Identifies areas of concern and refer to the Program Coordinator if follow up is necessary.
- Refers learners to other institutional supports as required (for example: tutoring, counseling).
- Ensures that special student accommodations are met (for example: reduced course load, vision impairments, hearing impairments, testing) as per individualized accommodation (IAP).
- Supports the program in awarding of scholarships and bursaries.
- Participates in college and departmental events that promote learner success (for example: orientation, graduation).
Build and Maintain Relationships with Internal and External Stakeholders and promote the Department and the College
- Keeps current regarding changes in best practice and adapts curriculum as required.
- Assists with articulation and transfer activity for learners as required.
- Meets with industry stakeholders and sit on Advisory Committees as required.
- Attends external community meetings.
- Participates in recruitment events as schedule permits.
- Maintains a networking relationship with employers of Practical Nurses.
Other Duties /Special Projects
- Follows College Policies and procedures
- Completes any professional development requirements (for example: D2L; Agresso Student Module training, Instructional Skills Training, FOIP)
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma In Nursing
- 4 years of nursing experience
- CARNA or CLPNA Practice Permit
- CPR Health Care Provider Level
- Enhanced police information check including a persons in trust check (PTP)
- Ability to work to full scope of practice
- Bachelor of Nursing is preferred
- Teaching learners in regional settings is an asset
- Curriculum development an asset
- Industry relationship an asset
- Strong understanding of the role of the Licensed Practical Nurse
We have part-time and full-time positions available for our spring and summer semesters, please check our careers page https://careersbowvalleycollege.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll and review posting # 1526 & 1505 & 1504
Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Please note that all successful candidates will be required to provide government issued identification and proof of educational qualifications upon hire and may be required to provide an enhanced police information check.
Posting open until suitable candidate is found.
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare