Manager of Home care - (rn)
This is a rewarding opportunity if you have an appreciation for; First Nations culture, a desire for continuing professional development, enjoy the support and collaboration from our multidisciplinary team and various other professionals and agencies.
The Bigstone Health Commission is seeking a Permanent Full-Time Home Care Nurse Manager. The suitable candidate will be expected to have previous nursing experience in a home care setting, excellent interpersonal communication, organizational skills, proficiency with computers, and effective teaching skills. This position offers a competitive package.
- Provide direct nursing care and health education to clients
- Coordinate and provide day- to-day home care services and treatments to clients
- Oversee the operations of the Home Care Department
- Receive referrals for clients across their life span with varying health care needs
- Collaborate and coordinate services with other agencies as required
- Knowledge and appreciation of maintaining quality health records
- Ability to work in First Nations and cross cultural environment
- Effective interaction with clients, families, staff, supervisors and agencies
- BScN degree from recognized University
- Licensed with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta
- Must have valid drivers’ license
- Clear current criminal record check
- Knowledge of the Cree Nation culture, government, and language and community dynamics considered an asset.
Salary will commensurate with experience and qualifications. Send Resume, current criminal record check and with vulnerable sector, CYIS check along with 3 work related references to:
Bigstone Health Commission
Box 1020 Wabasca, Alberta T0G 2K0
This employment opportunity will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare