Registered Nurse – Acute Care, Emergency, and Labour & Delivery
Requisition #: ALB00064010
Location: Barrhead, Alberta
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Salary: $36.86 - $48.37 per hour
The beautiful community of Barrhead, located 120 km north of Edmonton, is part of the historic Klondike Trail and is the centre of one of Alberta's richest agricultural and forestry areas. With a population of 4,500 in Barrhead and 7,900 in the County of Barrhead, living in a small town that's close to a big city offers the best of all worlds. Not only is Barrhead vibrant and progressive, Barrhead also offers a safe, caring, and welcoming environment with lots of recreational activities, clubs, and social events to keep residents busy. Barrhead is a great place to raise a family as it offers modern healthcare, schools and recreation venues as well as business opportunities via forestry, oil & gas and a booming agricultural industry. Barrhead Healthcare Center is a fast paced environment and requires individuals with good communication and organizational skills. Relevant advanced certifications and professional development opportunities are available to successful candidates for the Registered Nurse – Acute Care/ER/L&D position.
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you will provide a wide variety of nursing services to patients, families, communities and populations, while taking necessary steps to ensure their safety and well-being. In your role, you will utilize nursing processes, through critical thinking, problem solving and decision making, as well as teach, counsel and advocate on behalf of patients and their families. You will play a leadership role in supporting an integrated and holistic approach to patient care, health promotion and maintenance. You will provide safe, quality patient and family centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of AHS.
- Completion of an accredited nursing education program.
- Active or eligible for registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support - Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP).
- Fully licensed new graduates are welcome to apply.
- ACLS, TNCC, NRP, and Lead 2 certifications are preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good communication skills and the ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Competence in relevant technical nursing skills and a willingness to learn new skills as required.
- Demonstrated ongoing responsibility for maintaining own continuing competence through professional development activities.
- Previous experience in labor and delivery, surgery, cardiac, and emergency is an asset.
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare
More search results
Clinical Trials Research Coordinator
GastroIntestinal and Liver Disease Research (GILDR) Group
College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta
Registered Nurse - Primary Care
Fort McKay First Nation
Fort McKay First Nation