Advanced Practice Leader
As a member of the Advanced Practice Leadership team at Saint Elizabeth Health Care (SEHC) reporting to the Vice President, Professional Practice & Quality, you strive for excellence in quality & scholarly professional practice in Care of Older Adults and Seniors Living. Focusing on the target population of older adults in a variety of care settings (e.g., retirement, assisted living, long term care, etc.), you lead program development with evidence and collaborate with operations to design care delivery models for the target population, set practice standards, define care processes and procedures, design education and training, and manage quality/risk. While based in Western Canada, you will also lead corporate initiatives related to care of older adults and seniors living.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Adopt evidence-informed leading practices in Care of Older Adults and Seniors Living at Saint Elizabeth and provide expert knowledge to advance care and meet needs of the population served.
- Lead program development and new models of care delivery for the target population, in collaboration with the operations leadership team and the interdisciplinary team.
- Monitor federal, provincial, and other relevant legislation/regulations for compliances and collaborate on strategies to address opportunities for improvement.
- Provide expert knowledge and professional practice leadership to develop solutions/service delivery models for exceptional care.
- Collaborate with operations leadership to ensure the implementation and sustainability of exemplary clinical practices.
- Encourage and model critical clinical inquiry that cultivates evidence-informed practice..
- Collaborate on quality, safety and risk management issues (e.g., falls prevention, management of responsive behaviours, skin injury prevention), including the development of improvement plans to address shortfall
- Contribute to the improvement of client outcomes (quality of life and quality of care) based on best available evidence and efficient utilization of resources.
- Contribute to business development in Seniors Living and Care of Older Adults.
- Support Clinical Practice leaders and the Clinical Practice Resource team through regular meetings, orientation, mentorship, consultation and guidance with complex clinical situations.
- Develop educational initiatives and support the ongoing development of our innovative on-line learning environment.
- Master’s degree in Nursing or equivalent is required (or in progress)
- Current Certificate of Competence in good standing from the provincial nursing regulatory body is required
- Three (3) years recent geriatric experience and expert practice skills required
- Certification in gerontology preferred
- Knowledge of the related regulatory and legislative requirements across Western Canada provinces and territories
- Experience in adult education/curriculum development and delivery
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to promote and facilitate evidence based practice within a community setting
- Superior communication skills and ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization
- Ability to distill complex information into clear, concise messages
- Ability to influence others and able to establish credibility with all levels of the organization, challenging the status quo and being a catalyst for positive change
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple, often competing priorities.
- Demonstrated effective critical thinking, analytical, decision making and problem-resolution skills
- Demonstrated expertise and ability to apply, teach, coach and mentor individuals and teams
- A vehicle, travel, and some on-call are required.
LOCATION - This role can be virtual ( Alberta ( Edmonton/Calgary) or BC)
Interested candidates may forward cover letter with resume to https://careers.sehc.com/
About SE Health
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare