- College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta
- Job Category
- Job Type
The College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) is the professional and regulatory body for more than 38,000 registered nurses and nurse practitioners throughout Alberta. We’re mandated to define and uphold the standards of safe and ethical nursing practice as legislated under the Health Professions Act. We play an essential role in shaping the framework for professional nurse regulation and excellence in practice for the health of all Albertans. Our core values are integrity, respect, accountability and professionalism.
The Nurse Educator is a key position at CARNA, collaborating in the development and implementation of online learning for our membership. With a new learning management system and the development of an integrated nursing professionalism curriculum, CARNA is partnering with our membership to advance the profession and protect the public.
Your primary responsibilities
- Conduct learning needs assessments
- Evaluate and prioritize learning needs in collaboration with the Professional Development and Knowledge team
- Design and develop online learning, applying the principles of experiential and problem-based learning
- Collaborate effectively with subject matter experts and content reviewers
- Work with an inter-professional team to develop educational modules within a project management framework
- Customize and deliver education sessions to members and stakeholders primarily via eLearning, telehealth or webinar
- Build and maintain relationships with the CARNA membership, specialty practice groups and stakeholders
- Effectively evaluate learning outcomes and participate in the quality improvement processes
- A four-year undergraduate degree in nursing is required
- Current CARNA member in good standing or eligible for registration
- 7–9 years’ relevant experience, with a combination of clinical practice, educational design, innovation and teaching
- Experience developing learning objectives and outcomes, including learning strategies
- Demonstrated knowledge of nursing professional regulation
- Proficiency in learning platforms and digital learning and engagement
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
We offer an excellent compensation package, regularly celebrate accomplishments and milestones and host team events.
If this position interests you, we invite you to submit a resume via email quoting file PP-3320 to email@example.com by September 21, 2018.
Thank you for your interest!
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare
More search results
Clinical Trials Research Coordinator
GastroIntestinal and Liver Disease Research (GILDR) Group
College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta
Registered Nurse - Primary Care
Fort McKay First Nation
Fort McKay First Nation