Registered Nurse - Residential Addictions Program
Family Ties Association offers a residential support program that provides housing & support to chronically homeless geriatric and functionally geriatric individuals. These vulnerable individuals require support for their complex mental health, physical health, and addictions needs.
Reporting to the Program Supervisor, the Registered Nurse works collaboratively as part of a specialized team (including a Case Manager, Social Worker & Residential Coordinator) to provide guidance and assistance to individuals with complex mental health, physical health, and addictions within a residential environment. With a client-centered proactive approach and through coordination with other health services, the Registered Nurse oversees the physical health of the residents served; making recommendations and providing intervention as necessary. This position is for 16 hours/week with flexibility regarding the scheduling of these hours.
Registered Nurse Tasks Could Include:
• Overseeing the physical health domain of the residents served by the program.
• Providing medication administration to the front-line staff (in accordance with established protocols).
• Acting as a liaison with other health services (including a resident doctor who visits the house each week).
• Accurate and timely collection/submission of program-related documentation and data.
• The promotion of overall well-being for the clients, including direct support, brokering of services, education, and advocacy.
• Consistent maintenance of open and consistent communication with fellow Leadership Staff, Clinicians, and the Program Supervisor.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and active registration with a professional body.
• Preferred experience and understanding of addictions / mental health issues & familiarity with Housing First and Harm Reduction philosophies.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Current Criminal Record Check & Intervention Record Check (both within the last six months).
• A valid Alberta driver’s license. Possession of personal and reliable vehicle.
The closing date on this competition is: September 30th 2018
Please quote the competition number: FTARN-2018-09
All qualified applicants are asked to forward their resume and the names of three references to:
Family Ties Association
#206, 909 – 3 Avenue N. Lethbridge, AB. T1H 0H5
Phone: (403) 320-8888 Fax: (403) 320-8878
We thank all applicants and appreciate the interest shown in the position(s) but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare
More search results
Clinical Trials Research Coordinator
GastroIntestinal and Liver Disease Research (GILDR) Group
College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta
Registered Nurse - Primary Care
Fort McKay First Nation
Fort McKay First Nation