Occupational Health Nurse
The DMI Peace River Pulp Division (PRPD) is an integral part of the Canadian forest products industry, providing the North-West, Alberta region with approximately 300 jobs while sustainably managing the forests. A career at DMI PRPD offers an opportunity for growth, meaningful work and a collaborative learning environment. Throughout your career you will be supported by a team of highly skilled professionals and provided the self-motivating environment needed to make your goals achievable.
The Peace River Pulp Division is seeking a full-time, permanent Occupational Health Nurse within the
Human Resources Department. The Occupational Health Nurse is responsible for ensuring and promoting health and safety compliance and is essential in the efficient and safe functions of the Mill.
Why Work for Us?
- Flexible work schedule with a 4 - day work week (7:00-5:00pm).
- Competitive compensation, health and dental benefits and a 100% company sponsored defined benefit pension plan with matching RRSP.
- To help ease the costs of moving to the Peace Country, we offer relocation assistance and a second mortgageoption for non-local applicants.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assess Team Member’s physical capacity to safely perform duties.
- Coordinate, with a team, disability management and promote early return to work of ill or injured Team Members.
- Provide health counseling and medical referral services to all DMI Team Members.
- Implement and conduct health examinations, testing and screening programs.
- Develop, administer and evaluate wellness programs within a team environment.
- Analyze work environments to identify health and ergonomic hazards.
- Provide emergency care in the workplace and arrange for further care, as needed.
- Manage the Employee and Family Assistance Program;.
- Establish and maintain confidential Team Member health records.
- Organize and maintain medical equipment and supplies.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicant must be a Registered Nurse and be a member in good standing with the College & Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA). International Trauma Life Support or equivalent Accelerated Advanced First aid, Occupational Health Nurse designation and experience in emergency care, first aid, hygiene, industrial environments and a good rapport within the medical and nursing communities are all considered assets.
Candidates should also have experience with:
- Understanding of the balance between Team Member and Company needs.
- Must be comfortable presenting information to larger audiences
- Familiarity with wellness planning.
- Experience with health education.
Submit your resume to PRPD’s HR Dep’t quoting competition number CN1824
By Mail: PRPD Postal Bag 4400, Pulp Mill Site, Peace River, AB T8S 1V7
By Fax or Email: 780-624-7040 or email@example.com
Position will be posted until suitable candidate is found.
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare
More search results
Clinical Trials Research Coordinator
GastroIntestinal and Liver Disease Research (GILDR) Group
College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta
Registered Nurse - Primary Care
Fort McKay First Nation
Fort McKay First Nation