Alberta Health Services (AHS) has an exciting opportunity for a skilled clinician wishing to work as a member of a collaborative and multidisciplinary team within the South Zone. The Opioid Expansion department is seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner looking to take on a leadership role within the Mental Health and Addictions field.
The Nurse Practitioner's primary role is to support opiate dependency treatment clients in the diagnosing and managing of common and complex health conditions, promoting health and preventing illness/injury, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, prescribing pharmaceuticals, medical devices and other therapies and performing procedures, interventions and/or treatments for this population. This role will also serve as consultant to the public, AHS staff and community service providers in regards to opiate dependency services.
- Successful completion of an approved NP program at a minimum of a Master of Nursing level or equivalent.
- Registration with CARNA as a NP.
- Recent clinical experience in area of practice.
- Willingness to complete additional education and/or certifications specific to area of practice.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support - Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP) certification.
- Minimum of 3 years' of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner within the last 5 years.
- Minimum of 3 years' of work experience within the Mental Health and Addictions field.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with members of the inter-professional healthcare team.
- Demonstrates critical thinking, conflict resolution and program solving skills.
- Demonstrates ongoing responsibility for maintaining own continuing professional and practice competencies through professional development activities.
- Working knowledge of Meditech and MS Office Suite.
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare