Investigations Officer - Professional Conduct
- College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta
- Job Category
- Job Type
The College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) is the professional and regulatory body for more than 38,000 registered nurses and nurse practitioners throughout Alberta. We’re mandated to define and uphold the standards of safe and ethical nursing practice as legislated under the Health Professions Act. We play an essential role in shaping the framework for professional nurse regulation and excellence in practice for the health of all Albertans. Our core values are integrity, respect, accountability and professionalism.
We are seeking a dynamic professional to conduct impartial investigations in accordance with the Health Professions Act (HPA) and under the delegated authority of the Complaints Director. This role involves primarily independent work, travel throughout Alberta and the workload is based on assigned cases and other responsibilities.
Your primary responsibilities
- Conduct investigations in accordance with HPA, privacy legislation and CARNA and Professional Conduct policies and procedures
- Interview complainants, members and witnesses as appropriate
- Collect and analyze relevant documents, records and policies
- Provide appropriate communication to members, complainants, witnesses, member representatives and the professional conduct team throughout the investigation
- Interact with individuals experiencing personal distress
- Manage documents, evidence and equipment securely and confidentially, in accordance with relevant legislation and CARNA policy
- Complete investigations and submit accurate investigation reports using the conduct investigation report template within a set timeframe
- Manage investigations with competing demands and timelines
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the investigation process
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or related field. NCIT investigation training (basic and advanced) preferred
- Minimum seven to nine years of experience in nursing or related field with both staff and management experience preferred. Experience conducting investigations is an asset
- Current CARNA membership in good standing
- Strong written and oral communication, conflict resolution and interview skills
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities and be flexible in scheduling interviews
- Proficiency in MS Word and Outlook, electronic databases, social media, and electronic platforms to manage investigation documents
- Ability to work remotely and travel within Alberta as required
- Private home office space adequately equipped for remote work
We offer an excellent compensation package, regularly celebrate accomplishments and milestones and host team events.
If this position interests you, we invite you to submit a resume via email quoting file QA-2360 to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2018.
Thank you for your interest!
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare