Behavioral Health Consultant
The Rundle Health Centre (Edmonton North PCN) is looking for a NEW team member who:
- Holds a Degree in Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Possesses strong biopsychosocial assessment and intervention skills related to mental and physical health conditions
- Training in mental health crisis and suicide intervention
- Interested in learning and teaching
- Has the proven ability to be flexible and manage numerous competing priorities in an unstructured environment calmly and effectively
- Excels in fast-paced environments
- Has a strong ability to build and maintain positive relationships, particularly in ambiguous or uncertain situations
Requirements of the role:
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in primary care and/or a community based setting required, experience with vulnerable populations is preferred
- Registration and in good standing with relevant College as recognized by the Health Professions Act
- Standard first aid and CPR – level C
- A strong belief in approaching health wholistically and practicing in culturally responsive manners
- Desire to work to one’s full scope of practice within their areas of competency
- Solution focused and a strength based approach to problem solving; training in motivational interviewing and health change methodology are assets
- Ability to think in terms of population health by using approaches like stepped care and group sessions and identification of clinical pathways
- Sound judgement and good business acumen
- Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license
What to expect day to day:
- To work collaboratively in a patient centred, integrated team based primary care practice setting.
- To participate in the care of individual patients, practice populations and associated communities
- To assist in development of brief intervention strategies with clinic patients
- To occasionally deliver group programs with multidisciplinary team members
- To make professional, competent and autonomous decisions with patients as a member of the multidisciplinary team.
- To act as a resource to other multidisciplinary team members, healthcare institutions and community agencies or programs.
- To ensure accurate, objective and timely clinical documentation in the appropriate medical record.
- Coordination of various special projects, as required to meet organizational objectives
Similar searches: Healthcare Services and Wellness