Care Services Manager
For over half a century, Bethany has been improving the lives of Alberta seniors and adults with disabilities by providing housing, health and community services that honour their spirit and individuality.
At Bethany, we are on a journey of service excellence. has just begun. We have launched WAVE (We Action our Values Everyday), our service excellence program through which we are committed to providing great service experiences for our residents, tenants, families and each other. Together, we are living our mission of “Creating Caring Communities”.
We offer competitive salaries, attractive benefits and pension programs, growth through learning and development, and numerous opportunities to give back to the community – just a few of the things that led to Bethany being named one of Alberta’s Top Employers for 11 consecutive years in 2018. It’s simple — we invest in our people because they are the reason for our success.
We are delighted that you are considering joining our team! We are looking for employees who are passionate about people, working to enhance the quality of life at every stage of the journey.
About the Role:
At Bethany, a career as a Care Services Manager is both personally and professionally challenging and rewarding. The role supports employees involved in the direct care of residents who live at Bethany CollegeSide. It is a direct expression of Bethany’s values “We Care”, “We Show Respect” and “We are Responsible” and ensures these values are carried through in our daily interactions with our residents, families, volunteers, neighbours and coworkers. As a key member of our leadership team, you will model these values and equip others to deliver compassionate care that nurtures the physical, spiritual and emotional wellbeing of others in a setting that celebrates aging and diversity.
Our employees have the unique opportunity to build strong personal relationships with the people who call Bethany home.
What You Will Do:
With a passion for care towards residents, families and team members, the Care Services Manager is responsible for the management and co-ordination of Care Services for residents in an assigned area. The Care Services Manager directs and supervises staff engaged in the provision of care and ensures the delivery of clinical excellence that supports Bethany Care Society’s mission of “Creating Caring Communities.”
Individual responsibilities will fall under eight main areas of focus:
- Resident-Centered Care – ensures that an atmosphere of resident-focused care in achieved and maintained.
- Interdisciplinary Services – coordinates the provision of interdisciplinary services to the residents in a defined area.
- Performance Management – ensures the efficient operations and ongoing performance management of the care staff.
- Leadership – Models Bethany Care Society’s vision and values, and lives out the mission of “Creating Caring Communities” by providing leadership to champion Bethany’s model of quality care and to ensure the success of direct reports.
- Annual Budget – develops and manages expenses within the approved annual budget.
- Safety - Contributes to a safe environment for residents, the team and self by understanding and adhering to safety guidelines and practices at all times
- Customer Service – ensures excellence in customer service is achieved and maintained.
- Professional Development – ensures continuous progress in the areas of professional development and education.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a leadership role
- Professional registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA)
- CPR certification
- Proven interpersonal, leadership and supervisory skills
- Gerontology and wound management experience are considered an asset
How to Apply:
Like what you see and think you have what it takes to join our team?
Apply Online before September 1, 2018 at: http://bethanyseniors.com/careers/
Please note this competition may be closed sooner if a suitable candidate is found
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Bethany Care Society is an equal opportunity employer.
All Bethany staff members are required to complete a Criminal Background Check.
Bethany Care Society complies with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). By forwarding your resume to Bethany you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information for this job competition. Your information will be kept strictly confidential.
Posting Number: 18-1841
Position Number: MGR-CS00-001
Location: Bethany Collegeside (Red Deer, AB)
Position Type: full-time
Similar searches: Healthcare Services and Wellness