Manager: Emergency, Critical Care and Ambulatory Care
An exciting opportunity awaits in the Central Interior of BC! Cariboo Memorial Hospital in Williams Lake is seeking a permanent full time Manager, Emergency, Critical Care and Ambulatory Care.
The Manager is responsible for the provision of excellence in the delivery of Emergency, Critical Care, and Ambulatory Care nursing services at Cariboo Memorial Hospital. The Manager plans, reviews, assesses, manages, and directs the delivery of patient care services for the Emergency Room, ICU and Ambulatory Care in accordance with the established mission and goals of the Thompson Cariboo Shuswap Health Service Area (HSA). The Manager works collaboratively with other members of the healthcare team to achieve a seamless continuum of health services.
About the Community:
Amid lakes and rolling ranch land, Williams Lake has been the focal point and service centre for the ranches of the Cariboo and Chilcotin regions since the turn of the century. Situated on the north shore of the lake of the same name, its central location, at the junction of Highway 97 and the Bella Coola Highway (Hwy 20), makes it an excellent place from which to foray into the surrounding regions. If you love hiking, fishing, white water rafting, mountain biking, snowmobiling or cross-country skiing, all in a spectacular natural setting, then this is the place for you!
Interior Health offers one of the best benefits package and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days).
We also offer an attractive employee pension plan.
Don't delay! Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field; a Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of seven years of recent, related acute care experience with three years in a supervisory/administrative position; an equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Current practicing membership with the relevant professional association.
- H Emotional Intelligence Competencies
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and motivate people toward the vision of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively introduce and manage purposeful change.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement, manage, and evaluate programs.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Ability to deal with others effectively; strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to supervise.
- Ability to operate related equipment, including computer hardware and software.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Similar searches: Nursing/Healthcare