Manager: ICU/SDU and HART
- Interior Health Authority
- Kamloops, British Columbia
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Nursing/Healthcare
- Job Type
We are seeking a motivated individual with the ability to manage change to join a dedicated team in Kamloops, BC as a Manager, ICU/SDU and HART.
The Manager, ICU/SDU and HART is accountable for ensuring excellence in the provision of patient-centered care within the defined clinical areas. The Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction for the operations, management, utilization, risk management, and quality improvement within the assigned portfolio. The Manager applies management theory and concepts to leading, staffing, monitoring, evaluating, and data-gathering including the development of relevant outcome measures pertinent to the clinical areas. The Manager is accountable for efficient, effective utilization of approved physical, financial, and human resources; for guiding and coordinating activities of the areas in accordance with professional standards; and supporting the goals and strategic direction of Interior Health (IH).
Education, Training, and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or a related health discipline. A Master’s degree in a health-related field is preferred.
- A minimum of seven to ten years of recent, related acute care experience with three years in a management/administrative position OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Current practicing membership with the relevant professional licensing body.
- IH Emotional Intelligence Competencies
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to guide individuals and groups while maintaining group cohesion, motivation, commitment, and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively introduce and manage change that is consistent with the vision, purpose, and operating principles of IH.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement, manage, and evaluate programs.
- Excellent negotiation skills to relate effectively with clients, medical staff, and members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Defines own continuing education needs and maintains competency through reading literature, management workshops, seminars, and available educational offerings.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.