Job ID: 1091701
Facility: Invermere District Hospital
Status: Permanent Full Time
Are you a health care professional with a bachelor’s degree in a health related field and a minimum of 7 years of acute care experience? Does the idea of golfing amazing courses in the shadow of the Rocky and Purcell Mountain ranges appeal to you? How about water skiing or windsurfing in one of the warmest lakes in the Kootenay’s? If you have at least 3 years in a management/leadership position and want to live in a paradise where hot springs and a world-class ski resort are only minutes away, then Invermere, BC is the perfect place for you!
The Acute Manager is accountable for ensuring excellence in the provision of patient-centered care within Acute Care (8 beds), Community Services & Home Health, Public Health and Primary Care for Intermere and Golden as well as Accreditation for the East Kootenay region. The Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction for the operations, management, utilization, risk management, and quality improvement within the assigned portfolio and applies management theory and concepts to leading, staffing, monitoring, evaluating, and data-gathering including the development of relevant outcome measures pertinent to the clinical area. The Manager is accountable for efficient, effective utilization of approved physical, financial, and human resources; for guiding and coordinating activities of the area in accordance with professional standards; and supporting the goals and strategic direction of Interior Health (IH).
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a health related field; a Master’s degree in a health-related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years of recent, related acute care experience with 3 years in a management/administrative/leadership position.
- IH Emotional Intelligence Competencies
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to guide individuals and groups while maintaining group cohesion, motivation, commitment, and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively introduce and manage change that is consistent with the vision, purpose, and operating principles of IH.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement, manage, and evaluate programs.
- Excellent negotiation skills to relate effectively with clients, medical staff, and members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to define own continuing education needs and maintain competency through reading literature, management workshops, seminars, and available educational offerings.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Similar searches: Healthcare Services and Wellness