JOB TITLE: Family Nurse Practitioner - Temporary Part Time Mat Leave Coverage - 0.55 FTE
REPORTS TO: Director/ Director Clinical Integration and/or Team Lead
LOCATION: Calgary Centre. 628 - 12th Ave SW
Copeman Healthcare is looking for an enthusiastic, confident and collaborative minded Nurse Practitioner who is committed to excellence and compassionate care.
The Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) plays a key role in the provision of services for patients in Copeman Healthcare (CHC). The FNP will assist the Family Health Team (FHT) in the provision of primary care to the patients seen in the family practice service and requires a thorough knowledge of primary care within the expanded scope of the Nurse Practitioner as determined by the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA). Primary areas of practice include pediatrics, prenatal, travel medicine and general primary care. The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for assessing needs on intake, triage and navigation to appropriate services, disease prevention and health promotion, delivering primary care within scope, developmental screening, chronic and complex disease care management and collaboration with the physicians and the interdisciplinary team. The FNP collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to optimize patient engagement and care outcomes. The role also requires a high level of interpersonal skills to interact with patients and their families in a holistic and compassionate manner.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• May be required to work at more than one Copeman Site
• Advanced clinical nursing skills within the scope of a FNP.
• Valid driver’s license – may need to travel between sites.
• Masters of Nursing-Nurse Practitioner and/or post- masters diploma
• CARNA membership in good standing
• Additional training relevant to practice an asset (pediatrics, prenatal and travel medicine)
• CPR and ACLS (AB ONLY)
• Current experience in chronic disease management preferred
• Knowledge and experience in primary care
• Computer competency and familiarity with an EMR.
• Thorough understanding and demonstration of Copeman’s values; client centered, accountability, collaboration, people focused, excellence and innovation
• You will be required to work in a multi-disciplinary clinical setting. Typically you would work office hours however; some flexibility may be required to accommodate service requirements for the operation.
• You will be working in an office environment, which may require extended periods of time completing computer related work. You will work an eight hour day with an additional minimum of half hour for lunch. You may be required to travel for meetings and centre support.
Similar searches: Healthcare Services and Wellness